Онлайн всего: 1
|Главная » 2018 » Январь » 11 » Macmillan Hobbies, sport and games (Unit4)
|Всего комментариев: 7|
Task 5. Fill in a verb in the right form.
1. You will get much joy if you ______________ in with other people having fun.
2. The meeting has been ___________ off to next Thursday.
3. At last I ______________ round to writing a letter to my old friend.
4. The meeting has been _____________ forward to 2 p.m.
5. She ____________ off him after their marriage.
6. Jim saw that the firm was going to be ruined, so he _____________ out.
7. I don't _____________ in for loud popular music.
8. Writing the paper _______________ up most of the weekend.
9. We all _____________ on singing as if nothing odd was happening.
10. All this bad news is enough to make him ______________ to drink.
11. You see what I have to _____________ up with!
12. The shock from an electric eel is powerful enough to ____________ a man out.
13. ______________ out, that step's not safe.
14. You never know what that child will ____________ up to next.
Task 4. Fill in prepositions.
1. Have you thought of going ______ ______ any sport?
2. Go upstairs and see what the kids are getting _____ _____.
3. Don't stop - carry ________, everyone!
4. We couldn't wait to join ________ the fun.
5. I haven't even got round ________ unpacking from my holiday yet!
6. Tyson knocked ______ his opponent in Round
7. I don't know how you put __________ _________ their constant quarrelling.
8. I've gone _____________ cooking lately. Now I hate it.
9. Unfortunately he took ___________ drinking.
10. They put the meeting __________ till the next week.
11. The meeting's been brought _____________ to Thursday.
12. The sportsman pulled _____________ of the competition at the last moment.
13. Glenn has taken _____________ pottery.
14. Look ____________! There's a car coming.
Task 3. Fill in the gaps with the English equivalent of the Russian word.
1. He was beyond himself with joy when he (забил гол) ________________ and his team won.
2. Brazil were (побеждены, разбиты) ___________________ in the final 2-1.
3. He has become a (профессиональный) ________________ tennis player and made a lot of money.
4. Becker and Edberg are due on the (корт) ______________ in an hour.
5. The (третейский судья) __________________ indicated a no-ball.
6. Many (телезрителей) _________________ were disappointed about the lastweek’s programme.
7. Inter (закончил матч вничью) _________________ with Juventus last night.
9. Figure skating attracts more people as (зрители) __________________ than asparticipants.
10. They had to call off the football match because the (футбольное поле) ________________ was not ready.
11. You can’t play cricket without a (бита) ________________.
12. A pound is roughly (равен) ___________________ to 500 grams.
13. The (финал) ____________________ of the concert was tremendous.
14. A (удочка) __________________ is a long tapered flexible pole, often injointed sections, for use with a fishing line.
15. The firm's major (конкуренты) _____________________ are all in France.
16. Mary fell over on the (каток) __________________ and broke her leg.
17. He is an (футболист – любитель) _____________________ football player.
18. A (поле для игры в гольф) _________________ is an area of land that is designed for you to play golf on.
19. I love (легкую атлетику) ______________________ especially long jump.
Task 2. Fill in the gaps. Guess the word by the first letter.
1. Running, jumping and throwing is a_____________________.
2. The f________________ of the Broadway show was impressive.
3. A good cricket b______________ can be extremely expensive.
4. The new series attracted a lot of v_____________________.
5. The best football teams d________________ 3-3 yesterday.
6. Who s_________________ in the yesterday’s match?
7. There are three squash c__________________ available this evening.
8. An u______________ rules on the playing of a game, as in cricket or baseball.
9. Two of the c____________________ failed to turn up for the race.
10. We are going to give Pete a fishing r_________________ for New Year.
11. A r_____________________ is a specially prepared area of ice for skating.
12. I could always b_______________ my brother at chess.
13. Choose two stones of roughly e_______________ weight and size.
14. My Dad is an engineer but he play in an a__________________ orchestra.
15. The crowd invaded the p________________ at the end of the match.
16. The s_________________ cheered when the teams came onto the pitch.
17. It’s one of the biggest golf c__________________ in the country.
Задания с сайта www.macmillan.ru
Task 1. Complete the sentences using the word from the list.
course court rink pitch racket draw equal competitor amateur athletics
spectator umpire finale rod bat viewer score beat professional referee
1. Do you prefer a grass or hard __________________ for tennis?
2. Jennifer cut the cake into six _______________ pieces.
3. There were more than 500 ___________________ in the marathon.
4. ________________ is called track-and-field in American English.
5. A lot of football fans rushed to the ____________ after the match to greet their favourite team.
6. Unfortunately we haven’t got an ice ________________ to skate on.
7. Golf is a game played on a large open ________________, the object of which
is to hit a ball using clubs, with as few strokes as possible, into each of usually 18
8. I’d like to play tennis. Can I borrow your ____________________?
9. The fireworks were the grand ___________________ of the closing ceremonies.
10. The new TV film has gone down well with __________________.
11. No one __________________ in the first half of the football match.
12. To ____________ means to end a game or match without either side winning.
13. A ___________ is a long wooden stick with a special shape used in cricket,baseball and some other games.
14. The match attracted over 40,000 __________________________.
15. I’m not a professional. I’m an ________________________ golf player.
16. A _____________________ is a person who does a job for money.
17. Our team needed to ______________ the opponent to get to the final.
18. An _________________ makes sure that the players obey the rules.
19. The headmaster agreed to act as a _________________ to be in charge in the football match.
20. He is fond of fishing and hopes to get a fishing _______________ as a birthday present.
|Вход на сайт|